Thursday, December 18, 2008

Picture Perfect

PICTURE PERFECT!
photos by me!
Tony Rebel and Luciano, Dolldaze, Monica, Brandy, Fertile Ground

I can share with you with absolute certainty that in 2009, I will become a better; more proficient; more revealing; more artistic; and yes, incredible photographer. I've been doing this too long to not be GREAT at it by now. I mean really. Who
wants to be doing something for years without tremendous improvement. Don't get me wrong. I'm good. But I am damn sure gonna get hella betta. This all started when I became a location scout for film, television and commericials. Part of what I do is to read the script, treatment and story boards and then "scout" Georgia to find locations that fit the description/character/actor as outlined in the script. So I HAD to take pictures. All kinds of pictures...All kinds of angles...garages, houses, rooftops, restaurants, corner stores, churches you name it...I took it. And of course I did people too. My locations have been featured in many a film, video, and commericial including 5 Tyler Perry movies, films for Warner Bros and CBS and videos by T.I. (one of my favorites), Ludacris, Ciara, Young Jeezy and 50 Cents. But something happened tonight when I went to hear Brandy, Monica and Slim (formerly of 112) at a private listening party. There were many photographers there and it suddenly dawned on me as we all positioned ourselves for the best shots of these female superstars that I didn't really know HOW to take pictures. Not like them. Its kinda like making love. You can do it...but you really have to learn HOW to do it correctly so that you can become a master at it. That's where I am going with my photography. I can't wait to get there...and I will be sharing my progress with you along the way.