Tuesday, January 13, 2009

This Is MY Song. Sing A Long.

I've revealed alot about myself writing these blogs. Probably more than I've ever talked about. I know many of my friends and family are like. What? I didn't know? But so what. These blogs are for me first. They are my release. And they are my practise. I am writing a book on motherhood and the I've always been told that not only are the best writers great readers but the best place to start writing a book is to just write. But I want to be able to write with honesty. I want to be able to share with you from the gut...my journey in motherhood. My successes and my challenges. I want you to be able to learn from my journey as much as I am learning from my own journey and those of others. So that honesty has to start with myself.

I don't know what the big fuss is about anyway. When was the last time you listened to the radio, XM or your favorite artist. Do you HEAR some of thing that they talk about in their songs. You know how we can SO relate to their pain, their joy, their challenges and their praise as expressed through the words and melodies. Damn. "They been hurt", we say to ourselves. Or wow, " I want to wake up to that song", or "that's the song I want on when my King comes home". Their songs MOVE us. Make us laugh. Make us cry. And sometimes some of them are just plain corny. But we sing along anyway.

I don't sing. So these words...this blog... is my song. Sing along with me.